Buildner is the trading brand of SIA MAKERSGROUP, VAT No. 44103138911 (“Buildner”).
“Organizer” is Buildner.
“Commissioning Party” is the party commissioning the Competition.
“Participant” is the person or team registering for the Competition.
“Competitions” are architecture and design concept competitions organized by Buildner through the website architecturecompetitions.com.
“Competition Brief” is a separate document setting out specific requirements for each particular Competition.
“Submission” is the design proposal submitted within the Competition, regardless whether or not completed or finished.
“Jury” is the group of professionals judging Submissions in a Competition.
Buildner reserves the right to update or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. By using this Website and registering for the Competition, the Participant fully and irrevocably agrees to these Terms and Conditions, which form a contract between the Participant and the Organizer. Please review them carefully.
Participant Eligibility and Registration
1. Buildner Competitions are open to any Participant aged 18 and over.
2. By registering for the Competition and/or providing a Submission the Participant expressly and unequivocally certifies full compliance with any and all eligibility requirements.
3. Employees of the Organizer, members of the Jury and their employees, associates or family members may not enter Competitions.
4. To participate in a Competition, a Participant registers through the Buildner registration panel (“Registration”) on the Website under these rules:
a. Participants may register either individually or as a team by completing and providing true and accurate information on the Registration Form.
b. Participant teams are restricted to a maximum of 4 (four) persons.
c. Completed Registration Forms will be processed by the Organizer once the Registration Fee has been paid. Each Competition Brief will state the applicable Registration Fee.
d. Once the Registration Fee is received by the Organizer, the Participant will receive an automatically generated confirmation email containing a Unique Identification Code (“UIC”), to upload the Submissions through the Website.
6. All Submissions must be the original work of the Participant. The visual materials of the Submission must not have been previously published by any of the Participant or members of Participant Teams.
7. The Participant confirms that the Submission does not infringe any copyright, rights related to trademarks, trade secrets, designs or patents of any third party.
8. The Participant shall be ready to supply copyright licenses for images used if requested by Organizer. A failure to supply such licenses may be grounds for disqualification.
9. The Participant assumes full liability for any infringement of rights and acknowledges that any Submission in any breach of these rights may be immediately disqualified. In the event that a third party asserts infringement of intellectual property rights against Organizer, the Participant shall be liable for all costs in relation to acts required to defend against such actions.
10. All Submissions must strictly and completely conform to the Terms and Conditions and the rules and guidelines set out in the Competition Brief.
11. All Submissions must be made solely through the specified upload panel within the Website, access to which is granted upon successful Registration and payment of Registration Fee. Submissions received by email or any other delivery method will not be considered.
12. The Participant may continue to upload Submissions and/or edits through the specified upload panel within the Website until 24.00, Greenwich Mean Time, on the date of the Submission deadline.
Ensuring the Integrity of the Competition
13. The Participant must ensure that Submissions do not include any marks, logos, symbols, or signs that may identify its authority or source. Any breach of these rules will lead to immediate disqualification.
14. The Participant may not approach or address any member of the Jury or the Commissioning Party during the Competition.
15. The Jury will be made aware of a Participant’s identity only after the winners are selected.
16. By registering for the Competition, the Participant acknowledges and agrees that all aspects of any Submission (including, but not limited to, narratives, descriptions, details, images, illustrations, photographs, and animations and names and images of the Participants) may be used by the Organizer or Commissioning Party for publicity purposes.
17. The Participant agrees to participate in the promotional activities and the publicity arrangements for the Competition. The Organizer is authorised to use any and all statements made by the Participant in connection with the Competition without additional approval.
18. The Organizer reserves the right to undertake promotional activities and/or publicity arrangements through the Website or other channels, as well as to discontinue any of its activities and/or arrangements at any time.
19. Publications advertised or referenced in the Competition Brief are not binding on the Organizer. The Organizer shall make every effort to follow the announced publication schedule, but cannot be held responsible for publishers' decisions.
Fees and Costs
20. Upon the full and complete filling of Registration Form the Participant must effect payment of the Registration Fee for the Competition.
21. The Registration fee is non-refundable except if the Competition is suspended.
22. The Participant is responsible for all costs and disbursements incurred in preparing a Submission. The Participant is not entitled to claim the repayment of Registration Fee and/or the reimbursement any of its expenses related thereto.
23. The Registration Fee is payable by Participant in Euros through PayPal or by credit card.
Disqualification of Submissions
24. Any Submissions that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, the Competition Brief or other applicable requirements will be disqualified.
25. The Organizer will notify Participant regarding the disqualification of a Submission. Nevertheless, the Organizer is under no obligation to refund any Registration Fees. Should a winning Submission be disqualified, the Participant shall be obliged to return any prize monies awarded.
26. Participants shall not communicate with any member of the Jury, including the Commissioning Party, during the term of the Competition. Should it become known that a winning Submission was submitted by a Participant in breach of this rule, the Submission shall be disqualified and the prize revoked.
27. All Submissions received by the Organizer after the closing date and time for Submission will be automatically disqualified.
Cancellation of the Competition
28. The Organizer reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Competition or alter the Terms and Conditions and/or the Competition Brief and/or other applicable requirements at any time and stage at its own discretion, including but limited if it is considered necessary or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
29. In a case of suspension of a Competition the Registration Fees of Participant shall be returned by the Organizer.
Selection of the Winner
30. The panel of judges (“Jury”) shall be identified on the Competition website. Any changes to the Jury shall be at the Organizer’s discretion.
31. The Organizer reserves the right to assign judges, agents, or other authorised administrator to administer its Competitions, including making any decision or exercising such decisions at its discretion.
32. Prior to registering for any Competition, Participants are advised to seek information about the Jury and Commissioning Party from the Organizer, since establishing and maintaining eligibility for the duration of the Competition is the sole responsibility of each Participant.
33. The winner of a Competition is selected by the Jury. The decision is final, no appeals will be allowed and no further communication will be entered into by the Organizer either with Participant or judges.
34. If the Participant whose Submission has been selected as the Winner of Competition cannot accept, receive or becomes ineligible for the prize for any reason, the Prize is awarded to the next highest ranked Participant.
35. Unless stated otherwise in the particular Competition Brief, the association and/or relationship of Organizer with any member of the Jury does not imply any contract, partnership, agency relationship or endorsement of any member of the Jury.
36. The Prize is announced on the Competition website for each Competition separately.
37. The Organizer will endeavour to send the Prizes to the winner within 30 (thirty) business days after notification of the decision of the Jury and receiving a signed confirmation from the winner.
38. The role of the Organizer is limited to the administration and management of the competition process. The Organizer will have no further role once the winner has been selected and Participants notified accordingly.
39. The Participant hereby confirms its binding commitment to engage and cooperate with the Commissioning Party after the Competition in the event it submits the winning Submission. The Commissioning Party undertakes no promise or commitment to construct the project in the Submission or as envisioned in the Submission. However, the Organizer shall encourage the Commissioning Party to cooperate with the Winner in further developing the Project.
Intellectual Property Rights
40. Intellectual property rights include all rights including but not limited to copyright, trademarks, service marks, trade names, design rights, patents, know-how, trade secrets, inventions and other forms of intellectual or industrial property, whether registered or unregistered, and all applications for the same (the “Intellectual Property Rights”).
41. Upon providing the Submission to a Competition, the Participant and/or each member of the Participant Team grants to Organizer an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable and royalty-free, fully paid up license to the Intellectual Property Rights of the Submission and/or any part thereof as follows: publicly display by any means and in any media; to copy, modify, translate and/or adapt, archive and distribute for publicity purposes without any further notice or remuneration to the Participant.
42. The Organizer is not obliged to use all or any of the Intellectual Property Rights licensed above.
43. Each Participant hereby agrees to transfer and assign the entirety of Intellectual Property Rights in the Submission to the Commissioning Party (“Assignment”) if the Submission has been declared as any winner of a Competition, regardless of the amount of prize awarded. The rights transferred are all those necessary to develop, construct, modify, and in any and all ways use the Project described in the Submission.
44. The Assignment is irrevocably binding upon the Participant when and if the Submission is selected as a winner and the respective Participant notified accordingly by email to the team leader of Participant. No additional document must be signed or executed to effect the Assignment. Should the Commissioning Party fail to contact the Participant within 24 months of the date that the Competition results are published on the Organizer’s website at architecturecompetitions.com, the rights shall revert to the Participant.
45. The Assignment is unconditional. The Participant acknowledges that, once the Assignment becomes binding, the Participant shall retain no further Intellectual Property Rights in the Submission.
46. The rights in any Submission is not recognized as a winner of any monetary prize shall be retained by the Participant subject to the license of Intellectual Property Rights granted by Participant to the Organizer as described above in Section 41.
47. All credits in connection with the Submission are associated with the registered name of Participant or the title of the Participant Team. Organizer shall make a reasonable effort to display the author's name on any Submission whenever published or otherwise featured.
48. The Participant undertakes to not exploit any of its personal rights arising out of the Intellectual Property Rights in any time and manner contrary to the interests of the Organizer or the Commissioning Party.
49. The Participant acknowledges that the benefits and profits, including the promotions and advertisements and the Prize, are sufficient and appropriate remuneration for the Intellectual Property Rights licenced to the Organizer (Section 41) and/or assigned to the Commissioning Party (Section 43). No additional compensation is due to Participant.
Liability and Indemnity
50. By registering or providing a Submission to a Competition, the Participant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Organizer and its partners, representatives and judges from any claims, losses, damages, expenses and liabilities (including attorney’s fees and settlement fees) arising out of the involvement of Participant in a Competition, the provision of any Submission, any exploitation of Submission by the Organizer, including any infringement of Intellectual Property Rights, or any other activities of Participant related to a Competition.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
51. The validity, construction and performance of these Terms and Conditions, as well as the legal relations among the Participant and the Organizer are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Latvia.
52. By registering or providing a Submission to a Competition, the Participant agrees that any disputes, claims and causes of action between the Participant and the Organizer arising out of or connected with a Competition or any Prize awarded shall be solved in negotiations between the involved parties in good faith under the spirit of fair treatment by parties towards each other.
53. If the involved parties fail to reach an amicable solution, the dispute shall be finally settled by the courts of Latvia.
54. These Terms and Conditions shall enter into effect when the Participant has registered on the Organizer website and expressed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
55. The Participant may address any questions to: [email protected]